Twistinado

Come here when you wanna know what to think about your life and the world you live in. I know everything and nothing, at the same time.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

More Katrina

Why isn't Aaron Brown or Tavis Smiley mentioned as possible Peter Jennings replacements? I mean Katie Couric? Couric can deliver our evening news but some whip-smart like Smiley can't? Of course he can. But he's a nigger. And as much as I like change, I TOTALLY understand a network not wanting to put a black face in front of their millions of home viewers...makes perfect business sense. We can;t expect NBC, ABC or CBS to supercede time or influence change. That's just not what they do.

But why not Aaron Brown? Is he too left? Too old? Too ugly? Probably all three. But Ted Koppel was too. Anyways, I've adopted Brown into my family.

I bring this up, because I'm watching him right now and that thought popped in my head. Meanwhile, an absolutely HORRIFYING story is being told during this segment.

Apparently (and forgive me if this is old news), FEMA was sending away medical helpers if they werent FEMA sanctioned, because they were scared of possible insurance problems. As scary as that sounds. I'm gonna hit you with this horror story: FEMA was putting living human beings in the morgue. They called these rooms, Expectancy Rooms, which were basically sections of the Katrina morgues that hosted living humans that had been deemed lost causes.

This story gets more sordid day by day. And its sad, because as Nola gets more and more habitable and the news should get much lighter and hopeful, these debauched stories keep getting unearthed.

I think this week's Newsweek headline is past appropriate.

Saga continues yall...

5 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Nikki Nicole said…

    I agree. The Katrina saga gets worse and worse as more information floats to the surface about the lack of action -- or the hellafied messed up actions -- of "our government." It's sad. It's sick. All I can figure to do is pray and donate.

    One.

    P.S. - You left a comment about my description of a Pretty Ricky concert....all I can say is ditto....and hit me up. Like, where are you in Fla. and what do you write??

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Twistinado said…

    i'm only your co-worker and fellow HU alum.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    did you guys see that sweet sixteen episode on mtv monday, classic. If we are saying that jason is one of the five funniest characters than this dude Bjorn is mos def on this list please peep.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    By the way that was vino and please look out for that episode you will not regret it.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know I'm so late! I'm just catching up. I gotta say I hate Katie Couric! Well, hate is a strong word, but she is so annoying, condescending and just downright rude. She kills me how she interrupts people as they try to say what they wanna say, espicially if she doesn't agree with what they're saying and really pisses me off with her fake sympathy. She also force-feeds comments and usually incorrect information to guests on the show starting with something like, "Isn't it true, blah, blah, blah." I still try to watch the Today Show, but it's hard for me to sit through segments and not want to jump in the TV and slap her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home